Monday, November 14, 2011

Crashed!

I don't look good in red.
I fell off my bike yesterday morning during my usual Sunday morning long rides. We were nearing Muara Tebas fishing village when I hit a speed bump and I must have inadvertently squeezed on the front disc brake of my hard tail just a little too hard. I have not ridden my Giant XTC Team for quite a while now since I started training on my Surly LHT which has cantilever front brakes and which requires quite a strong squeeze on the brake lever to slow it down. A deadly mistake on my Giant XTC Team which has powerful hydraulic disc brakes which only require finger pressure to halt it. Now I’m licking my wounds – to be more precise 3 stitches to my lower jaw, two badly grazed and swollen knees, chipped tooth and various cuts and abrasions to my hands, arms, neck, face etc. And this has to happen with slightly over 2 weeks before the charity ride. Sighs.

2 comments:

  1. This shall make the KK-Kuching more meaningful & memorable. Don't worry too much, the whole idea is to ride for charity. The only "finish line" is spreading as much awareness and hope people will contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Very sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you can heal quickly enough to feel fit on start day.

    ReplyDelete